If you’ve never booked a ride on a charter bus before, then you might not know the benefits of bus travel and the many good reasons a bus charter is a great way to get around. Here’s what you need to know about choosing bus rentals for your next big trip.
Who Rents These?
Buses are chartered all the time, by all sorts of people, for all kinds of reasons. Here are some of them:
- Businesses Corporate entities choose bus charters all the time to take people to events and conferences. By taking everyone on a rental bus, a business can be sure that no one gets lots on public transport, that everyone arrives on time, and that people can even get work done using the bus Wifi along the way.
- Teams For sports teams, a bus charter is definitely the way to go. This keeps the whole team together for the ride. Not only are you sure that everyone makes it, but you have time to prepare for the game even while traveling. The chance to stay together also means the chance to stay pumped.
- Families What better way is there to get to a family reunion event then to all travel together? Play games, talk about old times: when you get there everyone is ready to go. Speaking of families, a charter bus is also a great way for wedding planners to make sure that large groups get to and from wedding events. This could be the bachelorette party or getting the gorgeously dressed wedding party from the main venue to a photo staging area. Either way, it’s the best way to get around.
- Churches Lots of churches turn to charter bus companies, whether it be for a youth retreat or a mission trip. People love being together even during the travel portion of an event.
- Educational institutionsSchools rent charter buses to take field trips, and universities use them to run tours, take teams to tournaments, and get everyone safely to and from formals.
What About a Mini Bus?
A mini bus can be a great choice, but there are some important differences you should know about. Where a charter bus will have reclining seats, space for luggage, and bathrooms on board, a minibus will usually not. A larger bus can handle more people, while a mini bus is usually only able to hold 30 to 35 at the most. This means a minibus is a great choice for smaller groups on shorter day trips. A charter bus is what you need for longer rides and for larger groups.
How Do You Go About Renting?
Getting the charter bus you need is pretty simple. First, you just need to know what you want. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is the exact address of where you need to go and where you need to be picked up?
- Exactly what time do you need to be there? Your charter bus service will be able to help you decide the right time to leave in order to make it.
- How many people are going, and how likely is it that more than 5 people will either join or drop out at the last minute?
- Does anyone need wheelchair access?
- What amenities are most important to you?
- How long is the trip?
Once you know all this, it’s just a matter of choosing the right bus company. You want someone in your area so you don’t have to pay a lot of money to get a big bus from its point of origin to your pickup location. Then you’ll want to look at reviews and find a bus charter that people recommend.
Once you’ve narrowed the field, call up the companies and talk specifics. Always make sure you read the whole contract through before you sign. That way you’ll know about and can discuss any restrictions, like what can be brought on the bus, how many miles the base charge covers, or whether you can bring pets aboard.
Every day, all across the country, charter buses take groups of people safely and quickly where they need to go, at lower cost than any other form of group transport, and in the most environmentally friendly way. For your next event, a charter bus could be just the answer to your transportation needs.